Apple co-founder, Steve Wozniak, has announced he will be co-founding a new blockchain startup called EQUI Global, which will utilize blockchain technology for the venture capital industry.

// STAY UP TO DATE – FOLLOW BLOCKCHAIN DAILY ON TWITTER: @BLCKCHAINDAILY

Steve Wozniak
Steve Wozniak

“I get ideas pitched to me every single day in fact dozens and I always say no. Since I co-founded Apple with Steve Jobs, this is about the second time in twenty years that I actually said yes,” said Wozniak.

“I want to be a part of this. It has to be something I really believe in and I really believe in EQUI.”

EQUI will enable investors to fund non-institutional investments and allow those investors to trade their investments on external cryptocurrency exchanges in the form of EquiTokens.

Baroness Michelle Mone of Mayfair OBE
Baroness Michelle Mone of Mayfair OBE

Wozniak will be working with founder Doug Barrowman and co-founder Baroness Michelle Mone OBE.

Primarily targeted at “sophisticated” investors who purchase the venture capital funds through the EquiToken cryptocurrency.

By selling EquiToken through cryptocurrency exchanges, investors will effortlessly be able to liquidate ventures whenever they choose.

EquiToken’s infrastructure follows Ethereum Request for Comment 20 (ERC20) protocol.

Approximately 80 percent of EQUI Global’s ventures will be in technology firms, with the remaining 20 percent in real estate and art industries.

“We’ve already got over 20 businesses that we are looking at and we haven’t even officially launched yet. It’s going to be very exciting,” said Wozniak.

“Ultimately, our mission is to seek, support and fund the blockchain and tech stars of tomorrow. EQUI Global is a game-changer.”

So why did Apple’s Steve Wozniak backed EQUI Global?

“We are the teachers and I believe in that so strongly because Apple was strongly mentored. The enjoyment we had, the passion, starting the company, the excitement, it’s the most exciting thing,” he said.

“I like to see it happen for others and just to be a part of being able to help make it happen for a lot of others out there is going to be a big deal for me. I think I have an important role and I can help a lot.”

Woz continued to stress the potential of blockchain technology and the transformational power it could bring to several industries.

“There are so many great ideas because I sit down and think, ‘what could I think of doing?’ And it’s usually based upon ‘what do we have today in our life and how could we modify it, make it a little better or radically change it?’ and I don’t come up with many answers. But then I run it at other people and almost everybody has one answer for one thing that I think ‘woah, I never would have thought of that’ so it’s out there in the technology field,” he said.

“I know that we have something very special with EQUI. I’ve since enjoyed giving my feedback to the technical side of the initiative and will very much be an actively involved proud co-founder.”

Leave a Reply