Support for three new cryptocurrencies – BNB, AVAX, and NEAR – has arrived at BitMEX.
This means that BitMEX users will now be able to:
- Convert USDC and USDT into 25+ cryptocurrencies – and vice versa – with no hidden fees. All crypto conversions on our platform happen instantly, so there’s no need to worry about slippage.
- This new addition means users can quickly and easily convert a wider range of cryptocurrencies into Tether, Ether, or Bitcoin, freeing up time to focus on trading XBT-, ETH-, or USDT-margined crypto derivatives and access spot trading pairs.
- Deposit and withdraw, BNB, AVAX and NEAR via their BitMEX Wallet (on top of SHIB, WBTC, MANA, SAND, FTT, CRO, XBT, ETH, UNI, SUSHI, AXS, LINK, MATIC, APE, TRX, SOL, USDT, DAI, AAVE, BUSD, FTM, and USDC.)
- These additional deposit and withdrawal options give users the chance to HODL a wider range of coins and tokens.
- The minimum amount users can withdraw/deposit is 0.04 BNB, 0.07 AVAX, and 0.3 NEAR.
What is BNB?
BNB is the exchange utility token of the Binance crypto exchange. Originally it was launched on the Ethereum blockchain, however later migrated to the Binance Smart Chain (the BSC Chain).
What is AVAX?
AVAX is the native token of the Avalanche network. It is a base-layer network on which software developers can build decentralised applications (dapps), smart contracts, and custom blockchains.
What is NEAR?
NEAR is the native coin for the Near Protocol, a smart contract blockchain, created to rival Ethereum. It is considered cheaper, faster, and scalable, partly due to a consensus protocol called Doomslug and a sharding called Nightshade.