NEW YORK — Deloitte has announced the expansion of its health care operating system to include advisory, implement, and operate services for Oracle, a prominent provider of clinical and operational technology for hospitals and health care systems globally.
Deloitte’s growing health care technology solutions, known as Deloitte Health – Oracle Accelerated, are intended to keep up with the evolving health care landscape, which is transitioning from a hospital/provider/insurance-driven model to a patient-driven ecosystem and platform.
As the health care sector moves from reactive sick care to proactive wellness, it must meet patients where they are, utilizing mobile access, data portability, and supporting providers in addressing workforce challenges and thin margins. In this context, Deloitte’s industry expertise and Oracle’s extensive portfolio of technology, which has the potential to become the health care operating system, can benefit the health care delivery system.
A long-time Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN) member, Deloitte is working with Oracle Health to provide clients a future-ready health care delivery system through five immediate priority initiatives created to:
- Modernize the Core: assisting health care organizations as they implement, operate and support a modern electronic health record (EHR) platform.
- Rationalize and Enable Cloud Evolution: migrating clients to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI), and rationalizing infrastructure and applications.
- Improve Performance and Automate Workflows: leveraging Deloitte assets and capabilities to achieve full potential of OCI and data to improve operational and clinical workflows and outcomes.
- Realize Business/Operations Efficiencies: improving the back-office by integrating enterprise resource planning, clinical and human resources data together to provide operational insights.
- Drive AI-powered Insights and Actions: enable operations of an intelligent health system with optimized digital-provider and consumer workflow experiences.
Some of these initiatives are already having tangible market impacts. A large health system, and an innovative leading specialty center are engaging Deloitte Health – Oracle Accelerated for EHR, back-office transformation, AI, data, analytics and insights.
“As health care continues to shift toward patient-driven, wellness care, we believe it’s important to align our offerings with the future of health care, and to lead our Oracle clients toward increasing degrees of digital transformation and human-centric, intelligent care delivery,” said Hashim Simjee, global Oracle health care leader, and principal, Deloitte Consulting LLP. “Our goal is to empower consumers to control their own health care journeys while giving providers the means to deliver both better human and financial outcomes.”
“Collaboration across the entire ecosystem will be critical to making health care more efficient, holistic, accessible and equitable,” said Stephanie Trunzo, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Health. It takes organizations like Deloitte, and communities, organizations, innovators to empower health care clinicians to provide better care.”